Thursday 4 April 2013

OUAS April Challenge - "Meeting You"

My gosh! I have never ever had this many visits on my blog - 74 comments while I'm writing this!

THANKS all of you who are taking part in Riikka Kovasin's Easter Bloghop that is running until 8 April 12.00 noon GTM/13.00 CET! HERE IS THE LINK TO THE HOP

Now to OUAS April challenge that went live a few days ago and it is team B's turn to share our pages.

This month OUAS celebrates our 2nd anniversary. Nadia always says how amazed she is that a little idea she had all those months ago turned into something great, giving people a "home", and becoming part of this great online scrapping community. I am so very honoured to be part of it!

So happy April, happy Spring/Autumn and happy creating!!! 

 

Theme:  Best day of your life

The best day of your life!!!!! Everyone has at least one or two! Tell us anything that you can relate this title to. 
 
Ideas for journalling: child's birth, wedding day, anniversary, meeting someone special, buying a new home, changing jobs, a holiday, a special celebration.. there is no right or wrong. Its YOUR day!

Your layout must incorporate this theme and the sketch below. 

Please make sure that we see some sort of journalling on your layouts and please tell us where your journalling is . You are allowed to journal in any language but please tell us where on your page we will find your journalling. Remember journalling has to be a bit more than a title, or a generic comment. Hidden journalling is perfectly fine.
 
 
 
  
Please welcome our fabulous February  challenge winner

 

 You will find her blog HERE 

 

This month, we also welcome the very talented ladies from The Flying Unicorn, which besides being our ongoing permanent sponsor is also our MAIN sponsor this month!! 

 
 
The winner of this challenge,as voted by the Design Team will be invited to come back in June as our Guest Designer PLUS the winner will also receive the April Kit Of The Month from our main sponsors for April, The Flying Unicorn...
 
 
 
And here is my take on the sketch - "Meeting You";
 
 
 
No mixed media on it this time, just paper and embellies. 
 
My journalling is in the form of a letter that I have placed at the back of my layout. Those of you who have followed me for a while, now that I met my DH Bengt late in life after a divorce and that we have had our fair share of ups and downs. 
 
I am writing to him about the good things, the precious moments shared and life experiences of grief and sorrow that have welded us together. This is my guy till one of us has to leave on that final journey.
 








Remember you have until 8 April 12.00 noon GMT/13.00 CET to participate in the Easter Bloghop!

In my next post I will share my take on the Blue Fern Studios April challenge based on a fabulous sketch by Michele Singh.
 
Till then, ta ta for your lovely and much appreciated visit!!
 
xoxoxo Eila

12 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful.. so many layers.. so much to see..love the big red flower very eye catching.. and a wonderful tribute to your special man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic layout Eila. Even with no mixed media techniques your page is still packed with goodness! And you have made me realise that of course my page should be about my love too. I was thinking I can't choose any one birth without the others feeling disregarded and had Shane not come into my life they would not have either. I love that netting type fabric you have included. That stuff looks like the bomb.com! And I just want to thank you for being such a genuinely good friend to me. Your phone call was so appreciated - more than you will ever really know!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaaaah....a classic Eila page! Reminds me of pre-DT TCR days :) Beautiful tribute to your DH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you dear for such a warm welcome:*
    And you have a seriously handsome piece here, I can tell you ...Gorgeous and so elegant!Layers, careful details, beautiful colours and composition- all in the best 'Eila style' :) Kram, kram o hoppas att våren kommer snart till oss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your lay-out is so full of love! I just love what you did here! Wonderful work with the papers and flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors on the rich page you made and I must say.....not bad , that husband of yours!!-lol-

    ReplyDelete
  7. This layout is truly amazing!! what an amazing day it must have been and I'm so glad you met him!! I can see that you guys are meant for each other and you will spend this lifetime together!!
    sending you a big hug!!
    xo
    K

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOur interpretation is beautiful Eila... I love it to bits... hugs.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is super!!! Love this page and love the details....you really always add so many stunning details! Awesome work girl! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my wow!!!! I am in love with this page, Eila, so stunning! Your clusters are amazing, and I love the mix of Prima lines.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Sigh"...love your style of scrappy goodness Miss E. Hmmm...we all have those ups and downs, but it's recalling all the good bits which weld you closer together. Gorgeous page, special journalling; it's a winner :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning page! Love everything about it! Very inspiring on so many levels!

    ReplyDelete