Friday 15 June 2012

TCR # 115 Packing Bunny

Today I got home a couple of hours earlier than I normally do, gosh what a world of a difference it makes! the weekend feeling is already here, the glass of chilled rosé is waiting and DH is cooking dinner.  Ahhh!

Friday also means release day over at The Color Room. Here's the # 115 palette and Lydell's sketch:



Soft and pretty colours this week; Ocean Blue, Dusty Blue, Peachy Pink and Grassy Green.

This is my take: "Packing Bunny"

#115_Packing Bunny 3000 px main
All the papers, except the vibrant blue cut-out frame, are from Pion Design's new collection Grandmother's Schoolbook. The frame is an old Webster's Pages die-cut that I cut out the centre from.

 #115_Packing Bunny - 2
Prima resin mushrooms with a tad of TA glimmermist in Sand and a cut-out bunny from a paper from Pion's collection Fairytale of Spring.

 #115_Packing Bunny - 3

Once again the photo is not mine, I found it on internet. The lovely lamp post is a gift from sweet Helen Tilbury in Durban. Thanks darling! Some gauze misted in TA Sunkissed peach and Tattered Rose. The ephemera under the lamp post is from Jolee´s collection French General.

 #115_Packing Bunny - 4
DA chippie flourishes that were painted with white acrylic paint and then dabbed in cream acrylic paint before I smeared on gel beads and then applied white and cream acrylic paint on top of it with my finger.


#115_Packing Bunny - 5
Chunky chunky! had to use an extra sheet of watercolour paper to give the page more support.

 #115_Packing Bunny - 6
Prima, Meg's Garden and Green Tara lusciousness.

 #115_Packing Bunny - 7
Had a bowl of pearls in one of my drawers, popped them into a small glass jar and tied some scrunchy seam binding around its neck. Bunny sweets!

 #115_Packing Bunny - 8
I do love those gel beads!

There, perfect timing! hubbs is shouting that dinner is ready and I am really looking forward to that glass of rosé.

Have a sunny and beautiful weekend! thanks for popping by!

Toodelipip! cheerio! xoxo Eila

20 comments:

  1. this is just so yummy...love the DA treatment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tusen tusen takk for kjempekoselig kommentar i bloggen! Og for en blogg du har! Du lager jo de nydeligste kreasjoner!! Love it!! God helg :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is wonderful - not a huge fan of the pastel color palette but do love the way you put this all together.. mine i'm sure (had i the time) would have utilized that green and blue to the point of almost changing the scheme itself! hehe anywho, do love those beads and all the framing! super

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Eila! Such a wonderfully delightful page, as always! I love seeing your work because it is always full of so much to look at! I love what you have done to the Prima resin mushrooms and that little jar is delish! You have made it look like you owned that little bunny by the love you have brought to the page! Until next time :) Billie

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunning page my friend just love all the treatments and the TD chippies is gorgeou,s so much work put into this page Eila and not to mention Bunny's sweets
    have a great weekend
    Lindy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous page Eila... adore all your beautifully layered details and textures. Amazing take on the palette and I love the softness you have created here.. stunning work!! hugs :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous design and work you made on this LO my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The palette left my mojo stone-cold....LOL.....but you rocked it ,Eila! DELISH!!!!!!!!!! the jar and the mushrooms are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing work Eila. Those layers are gorgeous! I wish I could see this IRL. I'm sure it looks even more incredible.
    Love you work x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so adore the gel bead treatment you applied to the DA..it's so fully of wonderful texture and dimension. I'm going to give it a try too. Your pages are always fun to view up close and dissect with my eyes because you always add so many interesting bits. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful work again cool layers sweet photo and details.And great close-up photo's its shows your work perfect.
    byeeeee,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ever so pretty, all those delicious elements and everywhere I looked I found more, tucked here and there. I always enjoy visiting your blog for some serious inspiration ....

    ReplyDelete
  13. So gorgeous Eila, love all the layers of beautiful embellies, fantastic :)
    have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a wonderfully delightful page, as always! I love seeing your work because it is always full of so much to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolute beautifulness Eila!! Just SCRUMPTIOUS!! I created a layout yesterday that I think you will like a lot. It is more chunky than my usual ones. I don't want to go tooo chunky as I want to get things into albums for my kids but I really tried my best to push the envelope with the one I did - I can only put it on my blog next Monday though as it is a DT one. I love all your treatments and I have hunted online high and low for that gel stuff. Is it the Martha Stewart one? Can't find it anywhere...please give me a heads-up on where I can purchase that - I want it bad and I want it quick LOL! I love the look of the MGstuff online but was horrified when I got 2 sheets of her papers in my CM kit - gosh it was very weird - thin and shiny...Not like the Pandore quality at all. I'm so glad I saw that as I was going to place an order. I suppose for fussy-cutting it doesn't matter but I was rather surprised...Wishing you a happy week!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow... this is adorable... i love the colours, the title and all your wonderful layers...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful layering and exquisite details in this Beauty my friend!!! Beautiful work!!
    take care!! Hugs!! xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. For en nydelig LO! Jeg liker så godt alle lagene og alle de skjønne detaljene...
    Ønsker deg en fortsatt fin uke :-))

    ReplyDelete
  19. Extraordinary detail Eila and absolutley stunning as always.
    We are going to celebrate our winter solstice here tomorrow and it has finally gotten cold enough to light the gas heater; we have also received some good rain fall although never enough here!
    Take care, S

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh so beautiful Eila doll! Lovin' it!

    ReplyDelete