Tuesday 5 June 2012

I MADE IT TO THE DT OF OUAS!

Nobody could have been happier than me when I was asked to be June GD over at OUAS. I was thrilled to bits over the honour!

I am sure you can only imagine when I got the email from Nadia confirming that I had made it to the DT of OUAAS!! extatic is an understatement - I was jumping up and down and shouting like a crazed woman! ME, just ordinary ME in the same team together with these scrapping goddesses from all around the world!

Life is so incredibly bountiful and I just want to hug everybody that I meet to share my happiness! Thank you Nadia for giving me this fantastic opportunity! Heeellloo ladies!

Here's the announcement:

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 Design Team Announcement!! 

Finally after all the stress and anxiety about who to add and having to send unhappy mail to people I am excited to announce the new team that will be with us for the next 12 months.

Firstly THANK YOU once again to everyone that took the time out of their busy lives to send me an email. I know from personal experience what it takes to put your self out there and then the anxiety that follows. I have visited everyone's blogs and galleries and that was painstaking yes but also very rewarding as I got to add many many blogs to my Google Reader. I wish I could add everyone to this team and I am sorry that I couldn't but I hope the people that were chosen will continue to provide the same inspiration that the current team has been providing for you all. It was very very hard. As I said to many, I am not cut out for this sort of thing and I did receive some help in deciding and we still ended up with a HUGE international Design Team. I tried to mix up the styles, the countries of origin , the skill level and so on .....I think we have achieved that. I am incredibly pleased with the talent here and am pretty positive you will be too.

So without further delay please welcome the brand new (with a couple of oldies :) )
Once Upon A...Sketch Design Team. The team will be split into 2 groups who will show their work on the 1st and the 15th of each month. (me: I am in team B that will show our work on the 15th of each month).

Jeni O'Connor -Administrator (Australia /Canada)
Georgia Heald - Guest Designer coordinator (Australia)
Patti Hamil - Sponsorship Administrator (USA)
Eila Sandberg (Sweden) THAT WOULD BE ME!
Efi Stamatelli (Greece)
Erin Blegen ( USA)
Romy Veul (The Netherlands)
Kelly Foster (USA)
Jolaine Frias (USA)
Vicky Alberto (Canada)
Luzma Bruna (Chile)
Mona Pendleton (USA)
Solange Marques (Brazil)
Anna Zaprzelska/Brises (Poland)
Evgenia Petzer (South Africa)
Renata Moni (Brazil)
Elena Stefanidou (Greece)
Melenia Agapides (Greece)
Cathy Cafun (Australia)
Tina Walker (USA)
Kim Jeffress (Australia)
Florence Teixeira - France
Helena Virpi (Italy)
Hilde Aaslund (Norway)
Kay Fatula (USA)
Camilla Ekman (Sweden)
Svetlana Austin (South Africa)

I will introduce these ladies in the coming weeks before they officially start on July 1st! I have already seen some of their work uploaded in our Design Team private blog and I am already getting a feeling that we are in for a treat :)

Welcome everyone! I look forward to seeing what you create with the upcoming challenges.

With the start of a new team we also have some new blog and Design Team badges designed by Anna Zaprzelska so please go to the left sidebar of this blog to grab your new badge. (me: and WHAT a pretty badge it is!!)

OK..now..I can breathe a little. This was very VERY hard... Once again, THANK YOU everyone for your applications and maybe it will be next time lucky for you.

Oh dear me, this is almost too much for my ticker!! *breathe*



15 comments:

  1. CONGRATS EILA!! So well deserved!!! Your work is nothing short of drop-dead gorgeous so I don't know what surprised you!! You are a great team player and such a good commenter too - all those attributes are much valued at OUAS! SO the tables are turned now - I hope to get to play there and now you will be doing all the work heehee!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Så utrolig gøy!!!! Skjønner godt du er stolt! Gratulerer så mye, det er så veldig fortjent!
    klem fra "Patti Smith" LOL
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. huge congrats sweetie and so well deserved. I look forward to all of your amazing creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Åååå, så gøy Eila!!!! Gratulerer så mye! Vel fortjent! Du er super flink! Stor klem til deg :) Gleder meg til å se enda flere flotte LOer fra deg :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Eila - So Happy to see you on this list! And can't wait to see your lovely creations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats girl have fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big congrats Eila !! You go girl ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Big congrats dear friend I'm so glad you made the team...waiting for some more stunning pages ha!!
    Love Lindy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm jumping up and down too Eila!!!! You're such a perfect fit for OUAS, you're work is always so original and inspiring. I can't wait to see what you do there. Congratualtions!!!!XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats on the design team position , congrats on the guest position too
    way to go Eila :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Of course you did. You are perfect for the team. CONGRATS. I am super excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. CONGRATULATIONS Miss Eila. I couldn't think of anyone who deserves it more. Your work is always so fantastic. Look forward to seeing your creations. Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. A BIG congrats to you my friend! I'm going to love seeing your lo's month after month with your gorgeous flair!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Huge congrats dear Eila. So thrilled to be seeing your gorgeous creations each month on the team. So well deserved and thrilled to be working with you.
    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats Eila - So Happy to see you on this list! And can't wait to see your lovely creations!

    ReplyDelete