Monday 16 January 2012

CSI case file 2 "Cottage Dreams"

It was ages since I had to stay at home from work because of the flu, this one is a rather persistent one. My nose has a rather interesting shade of pinkish-red and I cannot live without Kleenex. Getting better by every day though, thanks very much :)

What an amazing week we've had over at CSI! the case files keep pouring in every day.

Last week, we were so excited to announce that The Dusty Attic is our January sponsor. Mistra Hoolahan and Michelle Grant, our guest designers from The Dusty Attic design team, and Nadia Cannizzo, our special January guest designer, are here again this week with absolutely gorgeous inspiration.

We continue our January Alice in Wonderland inspiration with another image from the Tim Burton film. The colors this week are so lovely and bright and positively dreamy. You will again see how versatile the color scheme is and how the look of this palette can change dramatically, depending on the neutrals you use and the proportions of the colors you design with.

Now, CSI Members, get out your forensics kits and get ready for some sleuthing as we reveal Case File No. 2...

Detailed clues, as promised...



COLOR DETAILS & RGB CODES

Absolem blue - (blue with a VERY slight touch of green) - 104.164.185 - dress
Raspberry reverie - 152.45.75 - flower to the left of Alice

Lost in lavender - 186.189.220 -purple flowers
Wonderland yellow - 242.235.132 - yellow flowers
Untamed teal - 72.178.175 - big leaf on the right (just under the curvy swirly plant)


JOURNALING DETAILS

Choose one (or more) of the following to inspire your journaling:

* Look at your photo and journal in a stream-of-consciousness way (free-writing).
* Document an adventure.
* Use this quote as inspiration: "Good advice. If I listened earlier, I wouldn't be here. But that's just the trouble with me. I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it." -- and journal as advice
Inspiration Words: dream, journey, subconscious

EVIDENCE DETAILS

Choose two (or more)of the following elements to include on your layout:

* flowers
* architectural elements (e.g., gates, fence, windows, bricks, etc.)
* sheer elements
* swirls/flourishes
*something stone-like (interpret that any way you wish!)


We trust we've left enough clues for you to solve the case!

The deadline for completing Case File No. 2 is

Sunday, January 22, 11:59 p.m. EST.

Thus, you have a week plus the two weekends to complete your layout. (See count-down timer on the right-hand sidebar of most pages.)

We can't wait to see what you create!

And here's my page:

CSI2_Cottage Dreams 4000px-main

As Debbi says, it is always so fascinating to see what the DT come up with, even if we have the same palette as starting point, all our pages look so totally different! This time I have chosen to use a lot of the neutrals and the colours only as accents.

CSI2_Cottage Dreams 4000px-2

My journalling is about a dream that I have always had; to move to England when I am retired and buy myself a cottage with thatched roof. It doesn't come as any surprise to anyone I'm sure ...

CSI2_Cottage Dreams 4000px-3

A mix of Prima and Petaloo in the cluster and a peek of the teal under the dotted brown KaiserCraft paper.

CSI2_Cottage Dreams 4000px-4

Raw chippie gates from the French online store Embelliscrap. Cannot remember if the metal trinket is from Prima or from BoBunny. I do know that the cute little clock face is from Australian online store Meg's Garden. The blue birds are cut out from a dimensional sticker from Danish Tilda.

CSI2_Cottage Dreams 4000px-5

Here it is, the cottage of my dreams! English cottages always have rose gardens and the floral paper from Meg's Garden that I have used as an inset under photo is just that - a rose lover's delight!

CSI2_Cottage Dreams 4000px-6

The little cute thread spool is a gift from darling Lean de Ruiter in Holland - thanks sweetie! the brass mini scissors are from Meg's Garden as is the cut-out pile of suitcases which I took from one of Meg's Christmas papers. So this is what I am going to do when I am an old and wrinkled woman: pack my bags and head for England with my cross stitching and scrapbooking scissors (or perhaps they are for cutting off dried roses in my beautiful lush garden?)

CIS2_Cottage Dreams 4000px-7

A view from the side just to give you a dimensional peek and with that I say bye for now!

Thanks for your visit and have a happy scrappy week folks!

xoxox Eila

13 comments:

  1. So amazing Eila, love both of your layouts and all the delights on them. stunning. hope you are feeling better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eila:) Thank you for your congratulations on my blog:) I am very happy that I joined the GD Pion Design:) Aaaaand.... Your layout is so beautiful, such a wonderful dream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Eila, this is indeed inspiring...I so love English cottages myself; the Cotwolds, or a little cottage in that quirkly fictious town near Cornwall in the Doc Martin series would suit me just fine. If I ever do get my cottage, you'll be the first one I'd invite for tea...bring your art supplies we'll have a sleep over and create some fun stuff.:) I love all your fabulous details fitting for a cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful Eila! Love your dream. Sounds utterly wonderful! Hugs my friend. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is just gorgeous!!! love every detail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yumyumyummie..so many cool details and a sweet house ....lovely page cool take on the colors!
    Get well soon byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG Eila this is outstanding .... such a magnificent piece of art ... love the way you have used the palette .... a perfect page ... hugz x
    just wondering if you received my answer ... I sent an email but had a feeling you have not received it ???? will try again ... the answer is a bit YES !!!!! WOOHOO very excited xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply beautiful my dear!! I think we share more or less the same dream you and I, and probably many more of our friends too. That's the beauty of it; one can always dream.
    We were looking to buy something like the cottage in your photo a few years back, but unfortunately most of the ones we found had too low a ceiling (which is nema problema for you and I of course,...lol ) or dry rot etc...and oooh sooo pricey in the south of England where we lived!!!
    So lovely to chat again the other day!!! I am sorry the cold is not going away.
    Krya på dig!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous Eila. So many gorgeous details. Love absolutely everything about it. I do hope you are feeling better soon. Get well.
    Cheers Di xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eila, promised to eat oatmeal for breakfast every day for a week if my page didn't get featured at Once Upon A Sketch. LOL. I'm here to release her of that promise. Thanks for your encouraging words Eila. Fortunately, you won't be eating any oatmeal this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just adorable, love everything about it, sorry thought I had commented on this one last week x

    ReplyDelete