Friday 30 December 2011

TCR #91 Sunny Days and a card for a very dear friend

By the time some of you read this, we will have entered into a brand new year - 2012. Wherever you are - a very Happy New Year to you all!

I am really so overwhelmed and infinitely grateful for the beautiful cards and generous gifts that I received from sweet sweet scrappy friends for Christmas. You know who you are ladies!! THANK YOU! Mwah mwah mwah!

Today is Friday and release day over at TCR, we have palette #91 with wonderfully vibrant and happy colours. How about Sunflower Yellow, Poppy Red, Powder Blue and Sunny Orange!


I won't be longwinded, here is my page:

#91_Sunny Days 4000px-main

After having made quite a few multi dimensional pages and a substantial number of Christmas cards for the passed few months, I felt like creating something one-dimensional and flat for a change. When I flipped through these October Afternoon papers, I just fell for the cute little old-fashioned country houses and went from there.

#91_Sunny Days 4000px-2

There is a Swedish lady who has the most fantastic blog where she writes about her ancestors and their lives. Wonderful research done, colourful encounters with people long gone, and fantastic photos that tell lots of stories too. This photo is from her blog and shows her grandmother and her grandmother's brother sometimes 1910-ish or so.

#91_Sunny Days 4000px-3


#91_Sunny Days 4000px-4


#91_Sunny Days 4000px-5

And then a card for a very special and dear friend.

Card to Mona 28DEC2011 main

A little package made from a 20 x 20 cm square doily.

Card to Mona 28DEC2011 - 2

Unwrapping the layers and revealing the card itself.

Card to Mona 28DEC2011 - 3

The doily and the papers are from the Australian online store Meg's Garden which you can find HERE

Meg's Garden is the January sponsor of The Color Room and each week during the month of January, one of their DT girls will be featured with the layout that she has made for that specific palette. The DT of The Color Room will also be showing what we have created with products from Meg's Garden.

Card to Mona 28DEC2011 - 4

Stickles in Star Dust here and there gives a lovely shimmer.

Card to Mona 28DEC2011 - 5

And here you can see the full card with its doily front.

Card to Mona 28DEC2011 - 6

Only a week left to 6 January and the launch of CSI - Color, Stories, Inspiration

The excitement is building up, soon soon soon ... Even before we have gone live, members are increasing in number by every day. The news is spreading in blogland! and the fabulous thing is, I'm on the DT of this new awesome challenge site owned and run by the one and fabulously only Debbi Tehrani.

The challenges consist of three parts: colours, inspiration, and journalling (that's the story). Plenty to set your mojo on fire in other words!

For those of you who cannot wait, here's a top secret sneak preview of our first challenge:


I will remember 2011 as the year when I made so many wonderful scrappy friends throughout the whole wide world. Thank you ladies for your loving support, steadfast encouragement, many giggles, invaluable personal chats, and so many tips and tricks on how to. Simply - thank you for being you!

Hello 2012 - watch out, here we come!

xoxoxo Eila

14 comments:

  1. Nydelig LO og et herlig kort! For en lekker måte å "pakke inn" kortet på!
    Tusen takk for alle de herlige kommentarene du har lagt igjen hos meg og for all inspirasjon!
    Ønsker deg og dine et riktig godt og kreativt nytt år!
    klem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page you made again sweet picture and all the sweet embellies..loved all your work and sweet comments .
    The card you received is so stunning and sweet!
    Wish you a great time at the last day of 2011 and the first 2012 ..see you next year!!!!
    byeeeee,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Lean said a beautiful page Eila! just love the photo and all the little details surrounding it,the punched butterfly i love too.
    OMG the card is stunning what a perfect gift.
    I agree 2012 will be bigger and brighter year hope you have a fabulous New Year.
    Lindy xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page Eila I have some of that range of papers and embellishments as well, thought they would be perfect for some vintage photos. Sweet card and am looking forward to seeing your pages at CSI.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Eila! And a happy belated Christmas to you too!! Wow that card wrapped in the doily is so beautiful and beautifully presented and your layout is so unique - different to your usual style for sure but I like it! I love the clustered and layered touches. I'm so glad you started your blog this year & thank you for being one of my nearest & dearest bloggy buddies xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the OA on the LO. And the square doily card is simply divine. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Eila & a Happy New Year.
    Love the doily package & the card
    well done
    Meg
    Meg's Garden

    ReplyDelete
  8. So worth, coming over here and checking out the close ups! Your page is magnificent, I love the houses, and as I've said before, I am completely jealous of the heritage photos you own!!! Your doily package its also super adorable! I hope you had a wonderful New Years! My son and I went and saw a show it was a great one on one time, plus everyone was over 60 which made it an even BETTER experience!! Hugs, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh Eila whenever I see your pic in my comment box I just automatically smile ... you have such a way with words and bring happiness to the world .... you have such grace and beauty in your creations and I can tell your heart is open ... love your card and the LO.. the pic is super duper awesome ...you are one of the nicest people I have met in the blogging - scrapping world I truly mean that !!!!!!love always Heather xoxoxoxo
    what is the addy of the blog where you see the old pics ... can you email me at hjacob@bigpond.net.au ..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year, Eila! I was so happy to hear from you on my blog! What lovely artwork! I absolutely adore your page with those lovely shabby-chic houses cut from paper (I need to get my hands on that pack!), as well as the vintagy card with the gorgeous lace doily "envelope." I think it's so cool that you can see through the lace in some places, revealing the beauty underneath. The recipient will feel so special and lucky to receive such a work of art!

    Looking forward to visiting you lots in 2012!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. happy new year Eila.. scrap and joy for you. Your page is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year my dear friend Eila!!! I wish you a lot lot of blessing for you and your family in this new year!! I Love how you wrapped the card with the doily...Fantastic!! Lovely and fun page you made it! The photo is wonderful. I got complicated here but I will write you in the next days and I'll send you the address. Wishing you the best!! A Big Hug!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year or as they say in Scotland Happy Hogmanay Eila. I wish you every happiness for 2012. Love the layout and the card is divine, speaking of cards thank you for my very precious xmas card. I nearly missed the post you left me only scrolled down this morning and saw it was there. It would be fantastic to meet with you when you are in London, you are right there is a lot going on but I am sure we can sort something out, let me know what dates you are over and I will check them out, sooo exciting. Looking forward to the big reveal over at CSI tomorrow should be fun, so looking forward to seeing your creation. Take care Eila and hope to hear from you soon with dates, Doreen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. so sorry i've been "out" of the blog world - the holidays were super crazy and i do have a couple things up my sleeve... *wink. although you might be heading in the right direction with your suspicions.. we'll see.
    love this card and how its wrapped in a doily! fantastic! you're cards are such a wonderful surprise to receive! and i would know!
    the layout.. its great - love the colors!

    ReplyDelete