Wednesday 10 August 2011

TCR #70 My iToy and another page for Les Papiers de Pandore

Gosh! this Wednesday is far from fair and summery, the rain just chucks it down and my new pink suede ballerinas look like .... my own fault for not checking the wather forecast this morning.

I am back at work again, feels so nice to meet friends and co-workers after my long a glorious summer hols. Lots of catching up to do, which means lots of coffee has to be drunk and perhaps something sweet gets dunked as well ;))

Will soon have caught up with my visits and commenting.

A new beautiful girly palette, #70, was released over at TCR last Friday. The colours are really so yummie again, thanks Lydell! We are looking at Deep Rose Pink, Celery Green, Bright White and Pine Floorboard. I think the celery and the pine were really tricky!


I've already moaned and groaned enough about the ruined LO in my previous post, it was meant for this palette. I made a substitute with papers from Danish Tilda. Here it is:

#70_My iToy 800px-main

This is of course DH with his precious toy. The photos were taken a few weeks ago in the gardens of the museum where we saw the fabulous exhibition with couture dresses. As soon as we stopped for a while, he immediately took out his iPhone and started checking on this and that *sigh*

#70_My iToy 4000px-2

A cluster of Prima blooms mixed with stuff from my stash. The silver Sultan flower centre and the two crystals really sparkle in the sun. The chippie alpha "B" is the first letter of my hubby's name; Bengt.

Have a stamp with something that looks like random mirrored figures and letters, just like something cut out from a string of programming commands. Used that around the page to mimic iPhone-ish and as my DH is an IT-nerd by profession.

#70_My iToy 4000px-3

I love the Tilda papers, such pretty double-sided ones in all of their collections!

#70_My iToy 4000px-4

I stitched on a muslin heart on top of one of the paper ones.

Now to something more autumnal as I've been playing with the autumn collection over at Les Papiers de Pandore (LPdP). HERE'S   the link to Julie's post from earlier this morning.

Going Home 4000px-main

My dear friend K lives on the Swedish country side in a little red-painted house with white gables, a very typical old fashioned Swedish house. It is surrounded by vast fields and woods where wild animal can be seen. Miss K very recently tragically lost her husband and as they didn't have any children either, their two dogs Doris and Buster are great company for my friend. Those of you who a regulars at TCR, have seen Buster in my LO #55A called It's a Dog's Life. There he sits on the porch doing what dogs do.

In this layout I have used photos of Doris (to the left) and Buster (to the right) when they are out on a walk-about with their mummy, my friend K. I think they are just so cute there side by side on the little bridge, almost as if they are saying "come on, let's go home".

My friend has also photographed the wonderful butterfly on the bloom that I've used as well.

Going Home 4000px-3

On this layout I have used 4 layers that I have stitched together. The bottom one is from the new line, then a raspberry pink Bazzill Swiss dot cardstock topped by anoter cardstock in pink before the wonderful wood grained paper also from the new line. The leaf punch is from Martha Stewart and the vinyl alphas are American Craft.

Going Home 4000px-4

I made the accordion bloom from one of the new papers and topped it with a Prima bloom. The orange brads next to "home" are My Mind's Eye Stella & Rose. The ribbons are a gift from my colourful scrappy friend Rebekah in Florida. Thanks again for your generosity Mrs K!

Going Home 4000px-2

The leaves/birdhouse I cut out from one of the new papers, the brown tag under it is also from the new line. I used Tim Holz distress ink in Walnut Stain to stamp "en pleine nature" (roughly translates to outdoors/in the wilderness/in nature) on canvas and added a tiny pink brad from Basic Grey. The bird sitting on top of the bird house is from K&Company.

Going Home 4000px-5

I also cut-out the words "promenons-nous" (roughly translated it means let's go for a stroll"),and the producer tag "Les Papiers de Pandore" from one of the papers. Mounted the strips on coloured paper and used as extra sentiments.

Et voilà! there's a whiff of France for you! Regretfully Julie's papers are currently only sold by French online stores, but if you bombard her with requests for re-sellers in the English speaking world, who knows what might happen! You can contact Julie over at TCR, she can be found under the member section under her name Julie.

Of course CCG released a gorgeous gorgeous palette last Friday as well, just my colours so I am really so sorry I don't have time to play this week either. Totally stunning pages created by the DT! go have a peek if you haven't already!

Also UOAS recently announced the DT's unanimous winner of the 15 July challenge: Gayle Price whose entry was a total stunner. Just look at her fabulous page and be prepared for a truly amazing page:


And so I've come to the end of this post. Thank you sweet ladies for taking a peek and for perhaps leaving a comment! I always always treasure each word you write, thank you once more.

xoxoxox Eila

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout Eila! So sad your Holiday came to an end. But glad to see you back. I know I've said it before, but I love your little details, the layers, and ALWAYS the stories that go with your layouts. That is what makes them unique and personal. Hope all is well dear friend. XX Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow stunning palette there at TCR - Love the photos of Bengt & your pretty flower cluster. Hubs is getting an I-Phone in Hong Kong soon, let's hope he enjoys it (and can work out how to use it LOL), Glad you are back into the swing of things at work now. I am feeling a bit better today. Did my CCG DT layout for tomorrow this afternoon & hope to do another page for a GDT stint next week (shhh!) Love your second layout. The colours are gorgeous. I did e mail Julie, with no response, and I can't fathom all that gobbledegook in French, so will stick with Webster's until she gets her goods into some English online stores, sure they will do very well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pages you have made again ..love your stiching on the I-toy....yes you know boy's and there toys.....lol...Your Pandore page is a sweety lovely doggy's cool details on the page i like the peace of fabric..
    Have a lovely evening byeeee,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Herlige LOer Eila!! Elsket blomsterklyngen din på I'toy. Hihi...menn er noen herlige skapninger 'lol'
    Og den franske var utrolig lekker, for noen herlige fargetoner på arkene! Skikkelig flott (og stramt) oppsett også.

    Ha en fin dag (eller natt er vel snart nå ja)
    klemmer
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow love your man page they are just very pretty colours...Buster is just a little adorable i can see lots of love from him...thinking of your friend at this time ...Congrats to Gayle what an awesome page ...
    have a nice weekend dear friend

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Eila, glad you had a lovely holiday, back to work, not so good! Loved your creation for the color room, it is a fun challenge site and some very talented ladies over there. Loved the big hearts and the stitching on hubbies layout and those dogs are adorable. Having a blog hop with your friend Rebekah so make sure you check it out lots of blog candy to be won, take care, Doreen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Eila your posts always have a beautiful warm energy to them .... beautiful art with glorious words and I love those big hearts .. you seem so warm and friendly, I can tell ... big hugz x

    ReplyDelete