Monday 2 May 2011

CCG 186 A Perfect Day - April 2011 - MENTIONED IN THE NEWSLETTER


It’s our last challenge celebrating fashion, it was a great month! Our last challenge is to Focus on Design -- layer or stagger the elements in your project this week. This might come easy for most of you, but for those who have yet to give this a try….right now is the time!!!


This is me taken on the last warm day in August 2010, the day after the autumn rains started. It was a perfect day for a picknick in the Stockholm archipelago. I am looking down into my coffee mug where an ant is peddling frantically to get up.

The beautiful teal paper is WP Country Estate and I so wanted the wildly beautiful pattern to show better, especially so when the other side has a delicious gray/white floral pattern. The cardstock is DCWV Linen Closet and has a lovely silvery gray hue. The doilies are a gift from crazily talented Leeann Pearce, thank you sweetie!

I could not be but inspired by the dreamy palette, lovely dots from her dress, the layers of loveliness and of course by her silvery shoes. I am so disappointed the Shimmerz mist in Concrete that I applied around the edges does not photograph at all, IRL it has a gorgeous silvery gray shimmer.

Flowers are all Prima, DA leaf flourish, clock face is MME, the ribbons and lace are a mix from my stash, MME and WP. The chippie thickers are AC. And yes, the photos are matted in black. Thanks for looking at my page, I so appreciate any comments you may want to leave! xx



No comments:

Post a Comment