Sunday 15 May 2011

192 CCG - Just Moi making a frightful mess on our kitchen table

Stockholm has been kind to its inhabitants this weekend, despite overcast skies the rain has been a mere sprinkle. Mother Nature does her work at a rapid speed and the kittens have spent many hours on our balcony checking out birds and bees. Alice, the b&w one, strikes out with her paw and stuns both bumble bees and wasps before they know what hit them.

I was all itching to pull out all my scrappy stuff and DH had maintenance that needed to be done on our computer. So we struck a deal, his was the computer and mine was the kitchen table for a whole day. Said and done, I set out to create something for the CCG palette 192 that was released on Friday morning Swedish time.

Debbi had chosen a palette with crisp and lovely spring colours, but in a rather challenging combo with purple.


There are so many artistic ladies out there who use modelling paste and Gesso with a fabulous result. Well, I've had a tube of the paste staring at me for almost a year and never quite known what do with it. So I decided this weekend was going to be a messy one, I also wanted to try more of the misting and perhaps in combo with the modelling paste. I had decided to make a rather graphic and clean page, but as we all know, pages have a tendency to take a route of their own. When stash raiding didn't come up with anything remotely close to what I had planned for, plan B had to be launched ...

192_Just Moi - main

The photo is of me and was taken some weeks ago on my birthday. I kind of like the colour of my kaftan and with the lush spring green background, the photo chose itself and the main colour to be used.

192_Just Moi-2

The papers are DCWV Linen Closet, Martha Stewart Lace Doilies (striped green&white) and K&Company Watercolour Bouquet for the strips and bottom circle. The white and teal doilies are a gift from sweet Leean Pearce (thanks!). I used TA Dragonfly and Aquamarine mists for the matting, the fabric alphas in "moi" and for tiny splatter. The tiny floral/butterfly sticker next to the green lace is from K&Company Flora and Fauna emphemera pack.

192_Just Moi-3

Here's my first try with the modelling paste and template.

192_Just Moi-4

The previuos layout didn't have anything of the misting and as I liked the modelling paste, I decided to make another one based on the same photograph, but this time with purple as main colour.

192B_Miss Marple-main

I didn't know whether to use the modelling paste first and then mist on top of it, or vice verse. This one's made with the misting afterwards and on very wet cardstock. The purple mists that I used are TA Spring Violet + Timeless Lilac + Lavender Fields. The green is TA Olive Vine. I had great fun squirting and spraying but as Bente often says, it's not due to skill that it ends up where it does, more to do with pure luck LOL!

192B_Miss Marple-3

The florals in the circle and the darker purple as well as the torn strips, are K&Company Watercolour Bouquet. The green solid matting is DCWV Linen Closet and the lacey one is Martha Stewart Doily Laces.

192B_Miss Marple-6

My friends like to tease me because I just looooove English crime novels and TV series. Inspectors Morse and Lynley, just my kind of coppers! and because I read sead catalogues in bed and love flowers, they nick-named me Miss Marple. Hence the title for this second layout.

If I may say so, I am really pleased with the white fabric bloom and its button centre from Girl's Paperie. I touched up the button and the petals with some Shimmerz Olive Branch and TA Olive Vine on a cotton bud. The British darling garden fairy that sent me the TH Tattered Floral layers is Doreen, aka Tinkerbell. Thank you my sweet lady!! The other blooms are Prima and Petaloo. The glazed brad is from Danish Panduro.

Well that sort of sums it up for today folks. Have a layout almost finished for this week's TCR palette as well. Will upload it either on Monday or Tuesday our time. I am still trying to find out how to get the uploads in a decent size and what pixels to use. Thanks Rebekah for the tip, it saved me buckets of time! What pixels do you use?

Thank you very much for bearing with my long ramblings and upteen uploads, your are most patient and generous with your time!! For those of you on this side of the puddle, enjoy what is left of the weekend and for the rest of you, nightie night sleep tight!

xxx Eila

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Just absolutely gorgeous! The entire combo looks FAB! Great pic of you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a gorgeus page!!!!!!Those pages are fantastic.....great job at all!!!!
    Have a wonderful week!!!
    Hugs from Brazil.
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your layouts are fabulous! Love your use of the modelling paste...the result is fantastic. Love the misting..pearls, and doilies...these are some of my fave products right now. :) The design of both LO's is lovely with great details. Have a superb week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss M it is lol!!!Eila both are just beautiful, did it take you long to do all the techniques they are just WOW....good to see a photo of yourself on the other hand i hate photos of my self...
    Have a good working week
    Lindy xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Eila! Love your creations!! You have certainly been a busy bee this weekend - thanks for your lovely comments on my blog this weekend - you sure have busy days during the week & hats off to you for even having the energy for all the scrapping you do on the weekend! Somehow it is revitalizing though isn't it - even though it is time-consuming & energetic (I do all my work standing up & I put my air-conditioner on quite low to force myself to keep going because I work better when I'm colder LOL) - as for the uploading - 800pixels is the perfect online sharing size & loads nice & quick but if you want a foolproof tip listen to this - e mail your photos to your blog from Picasa - you'll thank me for that one - takes less than a minute & you can send dozens at a time - just a little something I've picked up along the way :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Eila, you have been super busy. You have done some awesome creativity on your pages am looking forwarding to see more through you blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, finally got round to following you officially!...Got any spare time for sale any one??????
    Love this LO,especaily the twig that you have used in the back ground, I have seen the template for this a while ago...forgot where. And now I see it here in your LO. Can you mail me or put a comment on my blog as to what brand and what it is called so I can shop for it again...no wonder I have no time....solution....scrap more to deal with the stress....OOOOOOh what a luxury... Keep the good work up and I shall be visiting often, as you have some pretty good stuff here.
    oxoxox Susan

    ReplyDelete